The next intro to Ashtanga courses will start again on the 26th of April 2018. The courses will run for Five weeks each.
• Thursday morning starting 26th of April 2018 9.30 – 10.30am. This course will take place at the The Jack Pugh Room, The Scout HQ 7 Grove Street BA2 6PJ
• Thursday Evening starting 26th of April 2018 6.15 – 7.15pm also in the Jack Pugh room, The Scout HQ, 7 Grove Street, Bath BA2 6PJ
Course fees: £50 for all 5 classes. The classes are limited to a small number so we can work closely with each student. Please book early to avoid disappointment. Buy now and secure your non refundable place. Click the button below.
If you and a small group of friends would like me to run a private ‘Intro to Ashtanga’ course this can also be arranged.
Contact sheridan if you have any questions
Tel: 07810 254160
Ashtanga Yoga Baths “Intro to Ashtanga” courses are for both beginners and anyone practicing other styles of yoga. These courses prepare students to move on to our Mysore style classes, the traditional way of learning Ashtanga Yoga. These classes are open to all men and women of all ages. You do not have to be young, fit or bendy to start practicing yoga!
The aim of the Intro to Ashtanga course is to teach you:
- The basics of the practice including breath, bandhas, dristi and vinyasa
- The Sun Salutations and Fundamental Standing Poses
- Basic Back bending and the very end of the Finishing Sequence.
The courses are suitable for all ages and fitness levels. Ashtanga Yoga is a fantastic way to build strength and flexibility, while also calming the mind. If you have any questions about your suitability or the practice, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Alternatively, if you call or email us in advance to discuss, you might want to join one of our regular Mysore classes straight away. This would involve committing to six ‘pop in’ taster classes, where each class you come to you will slowly work your way through the initial postures in the Ashtanga primary series sequence.
We look forward to seeing you on the mat!