The next intro to Ashtanga courses will start again on the 2nd of November 2017. The course will run for Five weeks and include an unlimited number of classes during each week that you can attend. Excluding Simon Chandler’s led classes.
• Thursday morning starting 2nd November 2017 10.30 – 11.30am. This course will take place at the The Jack Pugh Room,The Scout HQ 7 Grove Street.
• Thursday Evening starting 2nd November 2017 7.00- 8.00pm which will be running at the Dojo.
Course fees: £50 for all 5 classes and unlimited access to all Mysore classes. To secure your place on the course you will be required to pay a deposit of £25. The remainder of the course fees will be paid before the start of the first class, or by prior arrangement.
Classes are limited to eight students to allow us to work closely with each student. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
Tel: 07810 254160
Ashtanga Yoga Bath’s “Intro to Ashtanga” courses are for both beginners and anyone practicing other styles of yoga. These courses prepare students to move on to our Mysore style classes, the traditional way of learning Ashtanga Yoga. These classes are open to all – men and women of all ages. You do not have to be young, fit or bendy to start practicing yoga!
The aim of the Intro to Ashtanga course is to teach you:
- The basics of the practice including breath, bandhas, dristi and vinyasa
- The Sun Salutations and Fundamental Standing Poses
- Some of the initial Seated poses of the Ashtanga Vinyasa Primary Series
- Basic Back bending and the very end of the Finishing Sequence.
The courses are suitable for all ages and fitness levels. Ashtanga Yoga is a fantastic way to build strength and flexibility, while also calming the mind. If you have any questions about your suitability or the practice, please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Alternatively, if you call or email us in advance to discuss, you might want to join one of our regular Mysore classes straight away. This would involve committing to six ‘pop in’ taster classes, where each class you come to you will slowly work your way through the initial postures in the Ashtanga primary series sequence.
We look forward to seeing you on the mat!